Bridgestone features $25K meant for Teens just who ‘Drive Smart’
Amateur videographers or individuals with a inventive side and access to a good camera usually are invited to enter the seventh annual Bridgestone Teens Drive Smart Movie Contest. Typically the grand prizewinner will take household a cool $25, 000 grant and have the video presented on air flow across the country as being a public provider announcement meant for Bridgestone Americas.
The point within the contest is usually driver protection, and the conditions aren’t overly tough. The bottomline is together your 25- OR MAYBE 55-second video clip on a number of aspect of car or truck or travelling safety. For instance
- Safety belt use,
- Tire monetary inflation,
- Avoiding temptations while cruising (like cellular phones and texting), or
- Gaining defensively
Local individuals can take a few cues from the Fairfax Nation Police ‘Youthful Driver Program’ or the options provided within the Montgomery Local Teen Generating Safetywebsite. You can even check out final year’s back again videos meant for ideas or a recent Inside Dateline segment in teen alocohol consumption and driving (you and unfortunately your parents should really probably look at this anyway).
Once you’ve arised on a subject, think about the ultimate way to present it— say in the form of story by experience or perhaps music online video media or a showing. Then shoot— a video certainly!
You’ll need to develop an entirely very simple signing up form after which it upload your own video towards the Bridgestone web page by way of no afterward than April 20, 2013. Judges may narrow down the actual entries, and the top 10 video lessons will be submitted for customer voting from July fourteen to 28.
All of the top 10 filmmakers will at least triumph a set of different tires, utilizing $25, 000 going to the Outstanding Prize successful. Second as well as third spot winners should get $15, 000 and $11, 000 correspondingly. This is critical money together with greatly raised from past years.
The contest, sweepstakes is ready to accept legal long-lasting residents on the 50 areas and the Location of Columbia or Quebec, ages 16 via 21 . Entrants must have a really valid license and be registered as full time students within the accredited legitimate, college grade, or market school.
You don’t crib peoples work, , nor bother to add anything poor. And shell out VERY close alternative activities the time technical specs because clips that avoid conform will be automatically disqualified.
News in the 2013 School Reception Enterprise
Many colleges as well as universities hurt the road this time of year to begin the recruitment technique that actually gets mixed in with full hit with in the crash.
Short of really visiting the campus, these kind of presentations present opportunities in order to get basic information about a school along with make yourself seen to area representatives.
Although most of these sessions are usually open to you, it’s in general a good idea to pre-register if the opportunity is offered. In any other case, how are the guys and gals running the big event going to know how many flip chairs to build?
The following are a few of the more popular springtime events:
- Exploring University or college Options: This is usually a special hiring program paid by the undergrad admissions locations of Duke, Georgetown, Harvard, the College of Philadelphia, and Stanford. The trip has some stops within the DC vicinity, with the initially scheduled meant for Monday, May possibly 20th, along at the Bethesda West Marriott Lodging & Seminar Center, within 7: forty p. michael. Two further sessions might be held at May21st around the Tysons Part Marriott, and Wednesday, Could 22 nd at the Hyatt Regency New york on Capitol Hill.
- Schools That Really make a difference: This year, CTCL will browse the Washington POWER area on Sunday, May 19, along at the Marriott Bethesda North Inn and Getting together with Center, at 1: 00 pm. Just about every program starts out with a 30-minute information time followed promptly by the university fair.
- The actual Claremont Educational facilities: The Claremont Colleges (Harvey Mudd, Claremont McKenna, Pitzer, Pomona and Scripps Colleges) will hold a local details session on Saturday, May eighteen, from a pair of to check out p. t., at the Pooks Hill Bethesda Marriott.
- Exploring Educational Brilliance: Join Dark, Chicago, Columbia, Cornell, and even Rice to have an information session targeted to would-be students and families. Trips include an overview of each body, information on prologue and financing, as well as a chance to speak casually with admission representatives.
- 6 of the Best Educational institutions: Claremont McKenna, Colorado Faculty, Connecticut School, Grinnell, Haverford, Kenyon, Macalester, and Dorothy Lawrence why not invite students and also families for more information on these nine nationally identified liberal patte colleges. Half dozen programs stay for the 12 months.
- Coast so that you can Coast 123helpme Travel: Dartmouth, Northwestern, Princeton, UC Berkeley, as well as Vanderbilt pay a visit to nine cities in 8 states. The main evening includes a brief facts session in relation to each education and the perfect time to interact with tickets representatives in a very college honest format. The very tour relates to the DC area on, may 23 rd .
- Boston Higher education: This content rich program was established to provide college students appreciate it students having an ‘Eagle Evaluation. ‘
- Carnegie Mellon University or college: Admissions experts will present a general information procedure to college students who may be in the early stages with their college look for. You can sign-up now for that event planned for Saturday, June only two, at the Bethesda Marriott Resort.
- Northwestern School: In addition to the Seaside to Coast Tour (see above), even more sessions will be open to pupils and their the entire family in the rest of the state. Northwestern moves with Dartmouth, Princeton, Vanderbilt and UVA to El monte, ca in July 2013.
- The exact University connected with North Carolina from Greensboro: Only two “First Look” sessions shall be held in the main DC region. The first requires place on May possibly 29, inside Rockville, plus the second is usually scheduled for May 21 years of age, at the Tysons Corner Marriott. Online in order to register will require you to open any SpartanLinkaccount.